Why It's Important To Remove Mold From Your Home or Office.
Mold is present in almost all homes. It is a major inconvenience as it discolors drywall, shows up as black spots on siding, blackens grout lines in the shower, darkens decks and grows on damp wood. It is also a health hazard because it releases microscopic spores that may lead to allergic reactions, running noses and sneezes. It is therefore wise to carry out mold removal before they get big and cause further harm. Minor mold is easy to get rid of with just household cleaning tools. For bigger mold infestations, it is advised you call a skilled professional to deal with it. Mold is a type of fungus growing from tiny spores that are floating in the air. An environment that has a comfortable temperature between 40-100 degrees and is moist is highly suitable for mold to grow. This is generally any damp place in the home area.
The most visible type of mold is known as mildew. At early stages it’s tiny, usually in black spots but most often grows into a large colony. In case you see any black stuff in the grout lines of your shower, on damp walls and outdoors, then that’s mildew. A surface infested by mildew is usually challenging to differentiate from a dirty surface. Hence, to know if its mildew, just add few drops of bleach on the area and if it lightens up after around two minutes then mildew you have it there.
If the concentration of mold is high then you will experience a musty odor and feel a mushy texture on surfaces affected. Again, we always recommend calling the professionals to help with mold removal. The following precautions are to be taken during mold removal:
The key to mold prevention is controlling dampness. This can be achieved by stopping leaks, ensuring adequate ventilation in the house and routing water away from the foundation. During mold removal and cleaning process, vacuum up the debris then thoroughly clean the wet or dry vacuum after disposing off the filter. After scrubbing surfaces, allow the bleach solution to continue penetrating the surfaces and dry off. Wash concrete floors with TSP or a chlorinated cleaner like comet. You can then set out dehumidifiers and fans to dry the now cleaned areas for three days or more. Finally, Check the entire affected area again by sight and smell to see if the mold is gone or not.
If you need help with any of these items, please give us a call 24 hours a day at 626-427-6966 and we'll help you out right away.